Cookies are files sent to a browser by a web server to record user activities on a specific web. The primary purpose of cookies is to provide the user a faster access to selected pages.
In the same way, the website krugerled.com will know all pages visited by users, so that may facilitate or offer suitable information to the tastes and preferences of each user.
TYPE, PURPOSE AND OPERATION OF COOKIES
Cookies, depending on their permanence, can be divided into session cookies or permanent cookies. The first expire when the user closes the browser. The second expire when they achieve the objective there’re made for (for example, the user keeps identified in krugerled.com pages) or when they are manually deleted.
In addition, depending on its purpose, cookies can be classified as:
PERFORMANCE COOKIES: This type of Cookie remembers your preferences for tools found on the pages, so you do not have to reconfigure every time you visit it. As an example, in this type are included:
- Settings of volume of audio or video players.
- The video transmission speeds that are compatible with your browser.
- Objects stored in the «shopping cart» in E-commerce Services such as shops.
GEO-LOCATION COOKIES: These Cookies are used to find out in which country you are when browsing the web. This cookie is completely anonymous and is only used to help guide the content to your location.
REGISTRATION COOKIES: Registration Cookies are generated once the user has been registered or after a log in, and are used to identify you on the pages with the following purposes:
- Keep the user identified such that, if he close a page, the browser or the computer and at another time or another day reenters that page, he’ll be identified, making easier the navigation without having to log in again. This functionality can be deleted if the user presses the functionality «log out», so this cookie is deleted and the next time he enter the page he will have to log in to be identified.
- Check if the user is authorized to access certain pages, for example, to participate in a contest.
In addition, some pages may use connectors with social networks such as Facebook or Twitter. When the user logs on a page with a social network credentials, empowers the social network to keep a persistent cookie that remembers his identity and guarantees access to the pages until it expires. You can delete this cookie and revoke access to social networking pages by updating his preferences in that social network.
ANALYTIC COOKIES: Every time a user visits a page, a tool of an external provider (Google Analytics in our case) generates an analytic cookie on the user’s computer. This cookie is generated only in the visit, and it will in future visits to pages krugerled.com identify anonymously the visitor. The main objectives pursued are:
- Allow anonymous identifying visitors through the «Cookie» (identifies browsers and devices, not people) and therefore the approximate counting of the number of visitors and their trend over time.
- Identify anonymously the most visited content and therefore more attractive to users.
- Know if the accessing user is new or repeats the visit.
Important: Unless the user decides to register on the website of krugerled.com, the «Cookie» will never be associated with any personal data that can identify him. These Cookies will only be used for statistical purposes to help optimize the user experience on the site.
HOW TO DISABLE COOKIES IN MAIN BROWSERS
Usually it’s possible to stop accepting browser cookies, or stop accepting cookies from a specific page.
All modern browsers allow to change the Cookies settings. These settings usually are in the “Options” or “Preferences” panel menu of the browser.
Krugerled.com website provides user guidance on the steps to access the configuration menu of cookies and, where appropriate, private browsing in each of the major browsers:
- Internet Explorer: Tools -> Internet Options -> Privacy -> Settings.
For more information, check Microsoft Support or the Browser Help.
- Firefox: Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> History -> User Settings.
For more information, check Mozilla Support or the Browser Help.
- Chrome: Settings ->Show advanced options -> Privacy -> Content Settings.
For more information, check Google Support or the Browser Help.
- Safari: Preferences -> Security.
For more information, check Apple Support or the Browser Help.
WHAT IF THE COOKIES ARE DISABLED?
Some features of the pages will be disabled, for example, keep identified, keep shoppings in the «shopping cart» on a e-commerce site, receive information to its location or viewing some videos.
UPDATE AND CHANGES IN COOKIES POLICY
Krugerled.com can modify this Cookies Policy based on laws requirements, regulations, or in order to adapt the policy to the instructions issued by the Spanish Data Protection Agency, therefore users are advised to visit it regularly.
When significant changes are made in this Cookies Policy, users will be notified by the web.